Thursday, October 26, 2006

Building an AJAX interface for my data entry app. Was stuck trying to get a dynamic region to refresh. Turns out IE has some caching issues. I found the following page that, if you read the comments gives a pretty thorough explanation of the problem that I was having.

http://ajaxian.com/archives/ajax-ie-caching-issue

Of course I am using cold fusion and the answer was to put the following line at the top of my xml page.



I spent several hours trying different things. I had just upgraded to ie 7 and thought that could have been part of the problem. It was working just great in firefox. Glad it was an easy fix, wish I would have figured it out quicker.

I am using the adobe spry framework for AJAX. It is still in prerelease but I have really enjoyed it as it is my first serious foray into AJAX.

No comments: