Friday, October 27, 2006

Spry and grouping. I have a spry dynamic region that returns a list of companies that my user searches for. Well, each one of these companies can have 1 or more contacts attached to them. Currently, when they search, a popup page is presented with a list of companies that match their search value. As I Output the query, I use a contact object that gets all contacts for that company. (contact.getContact(companyid)). This is easy in Cold Fusion.

In spry however, I cannot figure out how to do it. I can output the list of companies, and I can write an onclick so that when I click on their name, the associated contacts are listed, but I can't list those contacts below the name of the company, I can only create the dynamic region for the contacts outside the company dynamic div.

I am still researching this and hoping to find a workaround. I did notice that there are some posts about grouping the spry forums, but all that is said is that it will be added to the list for future upgrades. This was back in the beginning of August. Maybe there is something available now.

No comments: