Sunday, March 04, 2007

Dell Latitude D820

I am just one month shy of the 3rd birthday of my existing laptop, a Dell inspiron 8600. It still runs ok, but takes forever to boot up and is slow enough that I knew I needed to get a new one.

So, I ordered a Dell Latitude D820 that arrived last thursday on Mar 1. I love this computer. Of course it was a huge upgrade from the 3 year old laptop It replaced. It has Windows Vista Business on it, 2 gig of ram, 15.4 in monitor and I added a port replicator to it.

I am testing the waters with this machine to be a desktop replacement. I don't know how it will work but I would love to be able to sit down anywhere and be just as productive as I am sitting at my desk in the office. With our recent subscription to google apps, and buying a dedicated hosted server, we are really trying to go in a direction that supports remote users.

We really don't buy anything but dell and I have always been very pleased with the equipment we have received from them. This laptop is no exception. It is screaming fast and I am loving it. I have installed most of the essential software that I use and it handles it all no problem and still is fast.

David Mineer

No comments: