Sunday, March 04, 2007

Windows Vista

I purchased a dell latitude D820 that arrived last thursday on March 1(more on the new computer later). It came with Windows Vista Business. I thought I would share some of my first impressions about Microsofts new operating system.

I like it. It is intuitive and just seems to click for me. I haven't had too much trouble finding my way around. This laptop is awesome so of course speed doesn't seem to be a problem. The start menu is probably what has given me the most grief, but after I figured out that I could find what I was looking for simply by searching, that has been ok. I still need to take some time and figure out the start menu without searching.

Searching seems to be greatly improved in vista. Most programs have run ok, but there are a few that won't.

Overall I am impressed. The more I understand it the more It will be ok. I am not sure but I think I am using the upgraded "Halo" version and it is visually appealing and everything seems to flow pretty smoothly.

No comments: