Thursday, April 09, 2009

ModelGlue, Flash movie not loaded.

I am moving a site over to a MG3 site. I moved a flash movie that we have and it wasn't working. When I clicked on the movie (which I couldn't even tell where it was) I got the message "movie not loaded".

After searching the ModelGlue archives there were a few messages and they did give the answer even though it wasn't directly obvious, to me, at least. I was able to navigate directly to the html page that loaded the file, but via modelglue it didn't work.

Had to use absolute paths for all path statements, including where the file only was listed. All necessary files are in the same directory as the .swf movie, but I had to add the path to each of those, and I wasn't able to use a variable set at the top of the page either.

Example: views/page/map/myfile.swf where before it worked with just myfile.swf.

No comments: